First, I want to wish you a Happy New Year! I hope this coming year is a great one for you and your family. Of course, the new year usually brings with it resolutions — the things we hope to accomplish or change in the upcoming year. So, as it relates to SharePoint, here are my goals for this year:
- Gain a better understanding of Silverlight and begin building solutions around Silverlight and SharePoint to deliver RIA applications that can run both in and out of the browser.
- Obtain the new SharePoint 2010 certifications for both Configuration (70-667) and Development (70-573).
- Begin investigating and using third party applications within the context of solutions delivered to clients (primarily Nintex Workflow 2010).
- Submit new articles for consideration by the new Nothing But SharePoint website founded by Mark Miller, Joel Oleson and Jeremy Thake.
- Contribute to the new public SharePoint blog to be published by Tribridge, my current employer (I will provide the URL once the blog is available).
- Learn more about social computing and how use the existing Social Capabilities of SharePoint 2010 to improve business communication. Also to understand when and how to expand the Social Capabilities of SharePoint 2010 for use within business.
With these goals in mind, I expect that many of the articles published on this blog are going to revolve around Silverlight, SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model or WCF Data Services, Social Computing and ways that third party components can enhance the development experience within SharePoint.
I’m looking forward to learning new things and sharing those experiences with the community. I welcome your participation and insight as we learn together. Again, Happy New Year!